Sack Lunch Meals for Students on School Field Trips
Under the CEP status the Child Nutrition Department offers every student a sack lunch for trips taking place during school hours. A sack lunch consists of milk, turkey and cheese hoagie, and two fruits (whole fresh fruit or fruit cup). Chips are also provided upon availability.
My School BucksSchool Payments Made Easy: From the cafeteria to the classroom, pay anytime, anywhere from your computer or mobile phone.
All students in grades Pre-K thru 12th grade in the Vicksburg Warren School District will be offered a wholesome, balanced breakfast and lunch each day at no charge. The Free & Reduced Application is not required for all grades.
Breakfast in the Classroom Program
Click the links below to learn more about BIC.
- What is Breakfast in the Classroom?
- Why is Breakfast in the Classroom needed?
- Breakfast in the Classroom Fact Sheet?
Receipe of the month: Banana Split Oatmeal
- 1/3 cup oatmeal (dry, quick-cooking)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water (very hot)
- 1/2 banana (sliced)
- 1/2 cup frozen yogurt (non-fat)
- In a microwave safe cereal bowl, mix together the oatmeal and salt. Stir in water.
- Microwave on high power for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave on high power for another minute. Stir again.
- Microwave an additional 30-60 seconds on high power until the cereal reaches the desired thickness. Stir again.
- Top with banana slices and frozen yogurt.
Find the above recipe and more at the USDA's MyPlate site by following this link: https://www.myplate.gov/myplate-kitchen/recipes